Would you like to be part of the dedicated team that makes it happen? Check out our current job openings to find the right fit for you.
NB: Did you know that Labelink WELCOMES & ENCOURAGES applications from people with disabilities? For more information please click here
The Press Operator is responsible for operating various presses to produce quality labels in accordance with customer specifications.
Responsibilities are as follows but not limited to:
- Receive and review customer specifications as per the job ticket and ensure components and material meet customers’ requirements before proceeding to print.
- Set up presses by loading components such as anilox, doctor blade, ink and various substrates.
- Operate the press and make adjustments as needed to ensure proper registrations and ink is correctly balanced throughout the run.
- Conduct visual Inspection throughout press run to ensure quality print is being produced.
- Complies with all Health and safety, GMP and company procedures
- Communicate issues with appropriate personnel in a timely manner so as not to delay on-time delivery to the customer.
- High School Diploma
- More than 2 years operating a press in a flexographic printing environment
- Good attention to detail required to take care and precision in printing products
- Able to read, interpret and follow procedures and instructions.
- Excellent vision and able to differentiate colours and possesses color matching skills
- Methodical and organization skills.
- Good mechanical, technical and troubleshooting abilities.
- Must be able to work shift hours, overtime and weekend when required
- Able to lift 40 – 60 lbs and stand for most of the shift
- Good team spirit and attitude
- Able to work efficiently and apply Lean principles
- Good observation and inspection skills
- Computer literate
- Ability to use and interpret the spectrophotometer readings
- Fluent written and oral communication skills
- Passion for producing quality products
- Previous experience printing label is a definite asset.